Subject: Re: [xacml-users] Combining <AttributeMatch>'s

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Muhammad Masoom Alam wrote:

> Hi shiv,
>
> if this is a condition that that both subjects should b present in order to
> perform an action then , i think the best place would b to put them in
> condition rather than in subject of the target i.e.
>
> means
>
> <condtion function:And>
> <subjectAttributedesigator attributeID = "subject1">

> <subjectAttributedesigator attributeID = "subject2">
>

> </condition>
>
> This what i have understood from ur mail , may b i am wrong , if wrong plz
> correct me.
>
> cheers
> Muhammad.

Hi!

Thanks for the speedy reply .

I think you have got the idea.

So would I just stick that in the <Rule> tag?

<Rule ....>
<condition function:And>
-->Function to evaluate 1st condition - e.g. username=shiv
-->Function to evaluate 2nd condition - e.g. hostname=www.hep.man.ac.uk
</condition>
<Target>
<Actions>
</Actions>
</Target>
</Rule>

Thanks again. Actually could I just do the whole thing in condiiton
statements? I.E. have a contitions statement like the following.
<condition function:Or>
-->function to evaluate if action=read
-->function to evaluate if action=write
</condtion>

and thaen just put  <AnySubjects> and <AnyActions> int the <Target> tag?
Or even get rid of the <Target> tag altogether?

Thanks again.

Shiv

* Shiv Kaushal                          *
* High Energy Physics                   *
* Department of Physics and Astronomy   *
* The University of Manchester          *
* Manchester                            *
* M13 9PL                               *
* Tel: 00 44 (0) 161 275 4223           *
* http://www.hep.man.ac.uk/u/shiv/      *