Subject: Re: [xacml-users] AttributeSelector usage

Hmm...

Based on your suggestion - I could feed an Attribute with datatype 'X'
to my own function f1 using the AttributeDesignators; but I can't feed
a Node of type 'X' to my function f1 - using AttributeSelectors
because the spec seems to imply if the XPath expression points to an
element node the the string representation needs to be used (thus
going back to the fact that it needs to be atomic). I don't see why
they need to be atomic when I have my own custom function f1 that
understands nodes of type 'X'.

Is this truly a spec restriction (or a bug in the implementation I am using)?

prakash