Subject: Re: [xacml-users] Reg. <ResourceContent>

Thanks for the response Seth - defining custom datatypes is what I
have gone ahead with...

But I was hoping somebody could throw some light as to why the XACML
committe felt a need for <ResourceContent> but not
<SubjectContent>...and hence my email.

I am not sure I totally understand the distinction b/w using
<ResourceContent> as a place to store XML data versus actual content
of the resource.

To me for example: a Subjec X - xml representation maybe:
<MySubject uid="X" firstName="prakash" org="somegodforsakenorg" supervisor="Y"/>

So if Subject Y is deleting Subject X then:

I could have said:
<Request...>
<SubjectContent>
<MySubject uid="Y" firstName="mymanagerwhowillbeanonymous"
org="somegodforsakenorg" supervisor="A"/>
</SubjectContent>
<ResourceContent>
<MySubject uid="someuniqueid" firstName="prakash"
org="somegodforsakenorg" supervisor="Y"/>
</ResourceContent>
<Action>
</Request>
Then in my policy all I had to say was if my supervisor of X is the
subject trying to delete then go ahead and delete.

I can do all this through custom datatypes and attributes - I
understand - as I said I was more curious to understand the rationale
than anything else...

Thanks,
prakash