Subject: Re: [xacml-users] Reg. <ResourceContent>

On Mar 30, 2005, at 9:58 PM, Prakash Yamuna wrote:
> Sometimes Subjects are Subjects and sometimes Subjects are resources:-)

Heh. This is starting to sound psychoanalytic :)

> Ideally I would stick the xml representation of the "subject" if used
> as resource in <ResourceContent> or in <SubjectContent> as the case
> may be...

Yeah, I understand where you're going. Basically, don't think of
ResourceContent as a place to store XML data. Think of it as the place
where you include the actual content of the resource you're trying to
access. The fact that the connonical representation is XML, and that
you can query it using XPath, is just a concidence :)

Seriously, you should feel free to include any XML data you need in the
Subject section if it's related to the Subject. The catch is that you
may need to define a new datatype. In general, however, I think this is
cleaner than defining a catch-all section where you can dump
XML-encoded data. That's just my opinion..

seth