Subject: Re: [xacml-users] Newbie:Usage of XACML

Stefan Brandl wrote:

> we'are realizing some kind of a management system which can
> provide rights(not only access decision) to external systems.
>
> I dont't know if XACML can be used for the following Use-Case:
>
> An external systems want's to get all rights of a certain
> person associated with a certain ressource of a certain
> provider.

I agree with other's comments and want only add that your task is
rather Attribute Authority (AA) functionality.

Look for implementation in Shibboleth or some more generic LDAP based
user directories.

Shibboleth has also privacy enforcement attribute release policy where
you can control what attributes about an authenticated user you can
release.

In LDAP you can request all specified attributes.

Yuri