Subject: Re: [xacml-users] Is the authorization policy and access controlpolicy same in XACML

Jarry,

"Access control" is the purpose or result of a policy.  "Authorization"
is the permission needed to gain access, and, in a system such as XACML,
this permission is described in a policy.  So the terms tend to be used
somewhat interchangeably.

Anne

--
Anne H. Anderson               Anne.Anderson@sun.com
Sun Microsystems Labs          1-781-442-0928