Subject: Re: [xacml-users] Chronicle Attribute

Hi Daniel

yes encoding IDs would be one solution. Erik already suggested combining
Chronicle with the obligation ID, but I thought it would potentially
explode the number of IDs that would need to be defined in any profile.
Furthermore it is difficult to specify how a common factor is placed
into all IDs.

In your example you tend to suggest that each ID after the ? separator
will be potentially infinite in content. But if many IDs have common
components that could be factored out, then this would argue for
separate attributes for each common factor. I think the obligations
category work described at
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xacml/ProposalForObligations
is taking this latter approach isnt it?

So to conclude, as a short term measure, to remain conformant to
XACMLv2, we can specify timing encodings for obligation IDs, but as a
longer term solution, obligation categories or families can provide a
common way of specifying timings for all obligations.

regards

David