Subject: RE: [xacml-users] Newbie - problem with regexp-string-matchcondition

Hi Nishen,

Thanks for responding.

My apologies, but I'm working with an appliance that has an embedded PEP and PDP, so I don't have direct access to the XACML request, and for various reasons, I can't post the entire XACML policy file.

Sorry :(!!

FYI, I did just notice something that I had missed in the appliance logs earlier, which might be pointing to the problem.  I am getting a warning that says (paraphrasing a little):

"Compilation warning: Illegal argument: incorrect type. Argument 2 should be of type string in call to function regexp-string-match, but instead it is of type bag of string"

I'm starting to think that whatever is in the appliance that is "compiling" the XACML policy file is having problems with the regular expression.

I am contacting the vendor to check on that, but in the meantime, does that section of the <Condition> look all right, or, at least "valid" (I'm not much of a regexp person either)?

Jim