Subject: Re: [xacml-users] Help on Condition ? <-- Obligations

Yoichi,

In your reasoning I don't really see a fundamental difference between "sign an agreement" and "show a reason of denial" obligations. In the latter case and in my example the "next step" for the user may be signing up a fee-based agreement for the bill payment service.

Yes, explaining the reason might or might not be complex, it might or might not have a practical sense, the user might or might not be interested in additional details. Does it mean in your opinion that such an explanation will never be useful?

I've described the business case that I think is generic enough and that provides enough motivations to have such a feature. As for me, obligations look like the right place to do that, but if it'll be implemented differently, I'll be OK with that too. The main thing is to have a possibility to use expressions for building a response/obligation/explanation or whatever you want to call it.