Subject: FW: [xacml-comment] XACML grammar in Relax NG

I'm forwarding to xacml-users because my original post was a request to
the TC, but this discussion might be of interest to XACML users.

As I said in my original post
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml-comment/200812/msg00001.html
), I can convert the XACML xsd to rnc using rngconv and trang.  rngconv
(part of msv, at https://msv.dev.java.net/) is not mentioned on the
relaxng.org site, but it is the most reliable tool I've found for
converting XSD to RNG.

trang doesn't accept XSD as input, so the process is:
	rngconv: xsd->rng
	trang: rng->rnc

rngconv produces some "any" identifiers that trang doesn't like, so I
have to manually fix those.  And if you want to restrict the list of
"start" elements you must do that manually also because xsd doesn't
provide that feature.

This is apparently not a common use case.  But emacs nxml-mode is very
useful for interactively creating and validating xml files, and it wants
rnc schemas.

--Paul Tyson