Subject: Re: [xacml-users] Single request to query multiple resources withmultiple actions on each resource

On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 08:47 -0500, Andy Bailey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is my first post on the mailing list and I only discovered xacml
> this week, so please be tolerant if I ask questions with obvious
> answers.
>
> I have searched through the xacml 2.0 spec for the capabilities to do
> the following:

As far as I know what you are trying to do is not possible with
XACML 2.0 and the 2.0 Multiple Resource profile.

What you would need is XACML 3.0 and the corresponding Multiple
Resources profile. There you can do exactly what you where describing
(i.e. multiple Resource elements _and_ multiple Action elements in a
Request).

As XACML 3.0 isn't finalized yet, there are not many implementations
available.

Now for the shameless plug:

AFAIK we (Axiomatics) are currently the only providers of an XACML 3.0
implementation (including the Multiple Resource Profile for 3.0).

Hope it helps,

Ludwig Seitz

--
Ludwig Seitz, PhD             |   Axiomatics AB
Training & Development        |   Electrum 223

This is a digitally signed message part