Subject: Re: [xacml-users] Storing policies in a policy Repository

Massimiliano,

XACMLPolicyStatement extends SAML statement (or it's of
saml:StatementAbstractType type to be exact), WSS prescribes to use something
like that to embed an assertion:

<wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
    <wsse:Embedded wsu:Id="tok1">
        <saml:Assertion xmlns:saml="...">
        </saml:Assertion>
    </wsse:Embedded>
</wsse:SecurityTokenReference>

SAML <Statement> is an internal element of <Assertion>. Since
XACMLPolicyStatement is an extension of <Statement> it should work as well. Why
would you need to put anything to the SOAP Body?

You can do something like that, I think:

<wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
    <wsse:Embedded wsu:Id="tok1">
        <saml:Assertion xmlns:saml="...">
                 <Statement xsi:type=ā€¯xacml-saml:XACMLPolicyStatementTypeā€¯>
                     <xacml:Policy> ... </xacml:Policy>
                 </Statement>
        </saml:Assertion>
    </wsse:Embedded>
</wsse:SecurityTokenReference>

(you'll need to define xsi and xacml-saml namespaces somewhere).