Subject: Re: [xacml-users] NIST releases a new publication on ABAC comparing XACML and NGAC

On 2015-12-05 03:44, David Brossard wrote:
Dear all,

NIST has just released a draft NIST Special Publication 800-178: A
Comparison of Attribute Based Access Control (ABAC) Standards for Data
Services. Extensible Access Control Markup Language (XACML) and Next
Generation Access Control (NGAC)

The public comment period runs from December 2, 2015 through January 15,
2016.

Cheers,
David.

I had a quick look at the document, and it exhibits a deep lack of understanding how XACML can be used in practice. I also have serious doubts about the credibility of having the main author of NGAC write a document that creates the impression of presenting an impartial evaluation of XACML vs. NGAC.

I am in the process of preparing a rebuttal for NIST, and I invite everyone to do likewise.

Regards,
Ludwig

--
Ludwig Seitz, PhD