Subject: RE: Tickets ?

see embedded

Don't know yet

> 2. If XACML is added as a header to the XML document it is
> meant to protect,
> this will only work with XACML aware software. E.g Notepad or
> VI will just
> read the text document, and reveal all of it to the reader.

Based on work to date, it is not likely to be a header.

> 3. This one is ouch, and I hope that we all will say NO:
> Should XACML be
> coupled together with encryption of document content ?

I would say yes in that it should be able to specify what can be transmitted
encyrpted and what can be sent in the clear. Additionally, encryption may be
necessary to support fine grained control of nested XML fragments, i.e. the
only way to disallow some content viewing but allow other content viewing is
via encryption or physically modifying the file before transmission.