Subject: RE: Groups vs. Roles

Here's the full quote:

"Roles provide a semantic grouping of policies with a common subject,
generally
pertaining to a position within an organisation such as department manager,
project
manager, analyst or ward-nurse. Specifying organizational policies for human
managers in terms of manager positions rather than persons permits the
assignment of
a new person to the manager position without re-specifying the policies
referring to
the duties and authorizations of that position [16]. A role can also specify
the policies
that apply to an automated component acting as a subject in the system.
Organisational positions can be represented as domains and we consider a
role to
be the set of authorisation, obligation, refrain and delegation policies
with the subject
domain of the role as their subject. A role is thus a special case of a
group, in which
all the policies have the same subject."

The above is clearly in error in at least one way "subject" should be
"subject type" or "subject class".