Subject: Raw Minutes of 8/9/01

Title: Raw Minutes of 8/9/01

My raw minutes are attached. I had to drop off towards the tail of the discussion of Hal's use case, so anything after that is missing. Below are the roll call results and action items/votes that I captured.

Membership Roll Call
Voting Members
Ken Yagen
Simon Godik (New Member)
Hal Lockhart
Fred Moses
Carlisle Adams
Nigel Edwards
Jason Rouault (New Member)
Michiharu Kudoh
Christopher McLaren
Jeff Hodges
Simon Blackwell
Bill Parducci
Suresh Damodaran
Pierangela Samarati (New Member)
Tim Moses

Prospective Members
Don Flinn

[Action Item]  Warnings to absent voting members need to be sent out. Simon will do this.
[Action Item]  Michiharu to setup some links to the MPEG requirements on website
[Action Item] Simon will pursue Joe Pato's offer to use their facility for that week
[Action Item] Jeff to continue to try to get comments from John Straussner
[Action Item] Simon to communicate our intention to use W3C Schema to TREX committee
[Motion] We have a proposal on the revision of the charter on the mailing list by Pierangela and anyone who wants to help her

[Voting] Jeff seconded, no objections, no abstentions, motion carries
[Action Item]  Bill will put together straw template and send out to list for refinement then give to original submitters to resubmit their use cases

[Action Item] Simon to post use case info/links to list
[dECISION ON uSE cASE dELIVERABLES]
Simon - committed to Bill will come up with strawman use case format, float around uc subcommittee and they will forward acceptable format to creators of uc so they can bring into compliance; Simon will set up mail list (later decided not to have another list); output document has all uc in std format and summary comments that extract commonalties.

<<080901Minutes.doc>>

Ken Yagen
Director, Software Development
CrossLogix, Inc