Subject: Re: [Use Case:] PFC

> Ken Yagen wrote:
>
> SAML format is here:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/docs/draft-sstc-doc-guidelines-02.txt
>
> I believe the above guidelines were amended though to accept word
> files as acceptable for documents instead of requiring XML documents
> for everything. Also, JPEG is acceptable for images, but Powerpoint is
> required if any editing of the image will be needed.

ok. i think we have reached the point where we need buy-in by the group
to proceed here. neither of these is non-trivial and i don't think that
everyone in our group uses ms products (noticed the os/apps on
pierangela's laptop :o) to date i have seen a lot of text and pdf files.
personally, i have a predilection towards open standards but i am
flexible (sounds like one of those weird, contradictory monty
pythonesque statements.)

> Also, I don't see
> it listed in here, but I think it is a good idea to include line
> numbering in the formatting of the document to ease discussion.

good idea. will incorporate. is it acceptable to limit line numbering to
the actual use case description field (aka 'Process Flow') or do we need
to apply it to the whole document?

> Regarding change history, I don't think it needs to be burdensome or
> overly complicated, but it is good to know why some types of changes
> are made. General editing and formatting don't have to be detailed,
> but the finalized use case could end up dramitically different from
> the original submission and it would help to know why significant
> changes were made. Having it in the document, I feel is better because
> it is available to the reviewer to read and understand and keeps us
> from having to set up an external revision control system.

understood. would like to get some feedback from others in the group on
this, tho.