Subject: Re: [xacml] [policy model]: Object semantics proposal

in addressing the topic of section 2.2 (Object Hierarchy With Wild Card
Notation) i would like to propose that we consider regex expressions
instead of simple wildcards. this will allow for much more robust
decision request attributes. to put it in context with michaharu's
example...

in a system where you have the follwing:

c:/winnt/system32
c:/winnt2/system32
c:/winnt3/system32
c:/winnt4/system32
c:/winnt5/system32
c:/winnt[n]/system32

and you wanted access to only:

c:/winnt3/system32
c:/winnt4/system32
c:/winnt5/system32

you could express this as
path="c:/winnt[345]/system32"

rather than list each individually (as would be necessary with just "*"
notations).