Subject: Re: [xacml] [model] Proposal of Post Condition

the difference between these approaches appears to be where the PDP's
responsibility ends. as i see it, if you use the <Condition> element
approach, the PDP still maintains some level of implied responsibility
for seeing that this condition is met ('registering in the
post-condition conponenet'). on the other hand, extending the
<AuthorizationDecisionStatement> element releases this responsibility to
the PEP ('i issue a GRANT, however i base that upon the stipulation that
*you, the PEP*, will discard this access 30 days hence.')

either way, the GRANT is issued without waiting 30 days, but the latter
approach appears more in line with the concept of this being a
'stipulation' or 'constraint' rather than a 'condition' (which to me
implies that it's completion is requried to generate the GRANT --
clearly not the case here)

obviously, a level of implied trust is inherent in this approach (hey,
if you can't trust the PEP who can you trust? :o); this is not
enforceable by the PDP, however if the behavior of the PEP is to DENY
unless it can interpret (and fulfill) the stipulation, it sees that you
would have a workable solution.