Subject: RE: [xacml] Discussion summary and revised post-condition proposa l

Title: RE: [xacml] Discussion summary and revised post-condition proposal

Hi Michiharu,

Thank you (and the other members of the sub-sub-committee) for your careful write-up!  I have one small comment.

Alternatively, we could take the following position.

The PDP gathers together all the resolved obligations (i.e., all the obligations that are relevant, given the evaluation of the policy).  If it is able to support any of those obligations itself, it will do so.  Those that it cannot support, it returns to the PEP in the AuthorizationDecisionWithObligationStatement.

That is, rather than saying that the PDP is not configured to support obligations, we leave it entirely open.  It may or may not support obligations; that is an implementation choice.  However, any policy-required obligations that it cannot support must be passed along to the PEP.

Carlisle.