Subject: [xacml] Re: [batch #2] counter propoposal to 3-04

"bill parducci" <bill@parducci.net> wrote:
>Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 17:38:27 -0800
>counter propoposal to 3-04. i think that we should 'officially' use
>c/c++ syntax for mandatory-to-implement combiner algorithms. for what i
>think we need to do i believe that it is going to be virtually identical
>and it doesn't have a vendor specific connotation.

>> > PM-3-04: Pseudo Code for Combiner Algorithms (Ernesto)
>> >
>> > Proposed Resolution: Java syntax should be used to describe any
>> > mandatory-to-implement combiner algorithms.

I think the primary value of Java for this purpose is that the combiner algorithm
can be downloaded and executed on any platform as part of the PDP evaluation.  The
only competitor is C#, and I think everyone would agree that is far more "vendor
specific" than Java.  Nevertheless, I would be happy to accept C/C++ if that is
what the TC majority prefers.  Both suggestions have merit.