Subject: RE: [xacml] Schema 15f

Daniel,

I think that a solution for your concern would be to supply a couple of
functions for different numerical data types such as integer_equal,
decimal_equal and float_equal in addition to the numerical_equal. For
example, the integer_equal receives two integers as input arguments and
returns an integer. In this case, you can raise a type exception if the
input argument is float while the integer_equal is used. Is that what you
want to support?

Michiharu

IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory, Internet Technology
Tel. +81 (46) 215-4642   Fax +81 (46) 273-7428

                      Daniel Engovatov
                      <dengovatov@cross        To:       "'Tim Moses'" <tim.moses@entrust.com>, "'XACML'"
                      logix.com>                <xacml@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                               cc:
                      2002/07/11 06:10         Subject:  RE: [xacml] Schema 15f
                      Please respond to
                      Daniel Engovatov

To clarify my concern.

    Using stated promotion rules to determine the return type of a
"numerical" operation breaks the isea of strong typing of the return type
of the function.
Not good for policy verification..