Subject: RE: [xacml] Function Completeness

>It's pretty simplistic, we aren't going for full fledged function
>composition, just a straight negation of a boolean result when evaluated.

>What do people think on the problem, and the proposed solution?

I think that introduction of any functionality except of simple equality
check in Target matching is an unnecessary complication - this logic can be
expressed in condition easily and for the same computation cost.

But in the same time - need to support arbitrary logic in rule matching will
no go well with the systems with large amount of potentially distributed
rules -
it is easy to optimize evaluation of a local rule set - but not easy to
offload calculations to the rule source..

Just why would you want to perform integer comparison in the Target match?

What is a use case where condition is not sufficient?
Why to add features for the sake of features?

I think we shold start discussing any additions from the USE CASE..

Regards.
Daniel;