Subject: RE: [xacml] Proposed Agenda, Sept. 19 Concall...

Just to clarify what I was proposing instead of the "higher-order" schema
additions - objections to which I listed in previous mails.

With the restrictions on MatchId functionality -- with them I fully agree --
in place, the only functionality in the condition that is added by the
"higher-order" schema, can be implemented with the following set of
functions
(not necessarily all mandatory)

map-integer-to-decimal
map-decimal-to-integer

*-bag-greater-then
*-bag-greater

For integer, decimal, string, date, time, datetime with the semantics of
comparing two sequences "any-to-any".
Other operations can be covered by changing operands order and using
sequence(<attributevalue>) to specify single value.  It is logically
equivalent.

And
*-match-is-in - equivalent of "is-in", AKA "member-of" but using string,
RFC822, X500 match instead of *-equal

That's it - exact same functionality, no need for any additional written
restrictions in Match - schema does it
for us, and clear extensible semantics of the <apply> - that will allow for
easy interoperations on the level of extension function libraries.. And
maybe less work to implement and test..

Of course, the "coolness" factor of such solution is low, but here I do not
have any argument against..

Not sure if I can be for the call - if not, my vote is strongly against the
additions, but if our featuritis is bad enough and it is accepted - for the
restrictions on the <MatchId>, and for additional work to clarify the
resulting semantics of the function extension point...

Regards.
Daniel;