Subject: [xacml] October 10, 2002 TC Concall

> Date:  Thursday, October 10, 2002
> Time: 10:00 AM EDT
> Tel: 512-225-3050 Access Code: 65998
>
> Proposed Agenda:
>
> 10:00-10:05 Roll Call and Agenda Review
> 10:05-10:10 Vote to accept minutes of September 26 concall
> (note minutes of October 3 call not posted yet)
> 10:10-10:40 Review open Items on Committee Spec 1.0
> 10:40-10:45 Vote on COmmitte Spec (if appropriate)
> 10:45-11:00 Discussion of public review process

XACML Technical Committee Meeting Minutes
Thursday, 10 October, 2002 10:00 AM EDT

Attendees

Polar Humenn
Anne Anderson
Konstantin Beznosov
Hal Lockhart
Bill Parducci
Simon Godnik
Michiharu Kudo
Don Flinn
Daniel Engovatov

Approve both Sept 26 and Oct 3 minutes?
No objections. Approved.

Hal wants to focus on things between now and committee spec.

Simon is editing the document this week, Tim is out of the office.
We are currently working from 18b posted by Simon on Monday.

Simon views the specification as pretty stable.

Action Item to Anne: Make a list of the change requests.

Hal: Background section says Non-mormative. NEW PARA on RESOURCES,
     line number 409, corrected in 18b.

We discussed some items for Simon to edit version 18b.

Editing Item. Remove last paragraph of Section 7.7 MSWord Lines
              2812-2813 Put Use Profile for XACML Request from
              http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200210/msg00118.html
              in Section 7

Editing Item; Section 5.31. Strike sentences about PEP fulfilling
              obligations.

Editing Item: Remove PEP statements in Section 7 Missing
              Attributes. Remove paragraphs 2 & 3 starting with
              line 2680. Change Missing Attributes Header to
              Authorization Decision

Editing Item: Simon to make editorial changes, about adding
              missing date functions.

Editing Item: Simon to make changes on LDAP attribute Appendix B
              as per
              http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200209/msg00177.html

Editing Item: Drop Section B.13 Actions used in examples. Drop
              Section B.12 Attributes used in examples.

Editing Item: Change all functions that deal with
              dateTimeDuration  to deal with dayTimeDuration.

Editing Item: Remove all ":example" identifiers in Section 10.3.5
              Identifiers

Editing Item: LDAP Attributes put in Section B.6 Use Simon's new
              text from

              http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200210/msg00108.html
              and to create an example of an LDAP attribute.

Editing Item: Add new section C.4
              http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200210/msg00101.html
              Take text called 7.x in this message create new
              section 7.1 Initial Policy

Editing Item: Remove Section 7.3 LDAP Attribute in favor of
              putting analogous one  in appendix B.

Editing Item: Add new environment attribute identifiers for
              current date and current date time in appendix B.

Ordering of Section 7.

7.1 Initial Policy
7.2 Policy Set Evaluation
7.3 Policy Evaluation
7.4 Rule Evaluation
  7.4.1 Hierarchical Resources
  7.4.2 Attributes
  7.4.2.1 Attributes Retrieval
  7.4.2.2 Missing Attributes
7.5 Authorization Decision
7.6 Obligations
7.7 Use Profile for XACML Request

We are still arguing about DataType in the policy. Hal: We cannot
approve a committee specification this week.

Hal: Begin Public Review Need to get an editor to field the public
     review comments. Let's end up with something we can approve
     next Thursday.

Hal: Dropped off.

Anne: Type conversion? Michiharu: No strong opinion

We came to an agreement.

The "DataType" attribute will be required in both the
RequestContext and Policy.

AttributeDesignators will look for attributes as if the attribute
id was appended with the datatype identifier. If an attribute of a
particular data type isn't in the context, then the designator
returns an empty bag.

There are no implicit type conversions between any types, even
strings.

Action Item to Polar: Review Section 5.29

Adjourn.