Subject: RE: [xacml] bags and targets. Forwarded message from Seth Proctor .

b) If I try to use an attribute whose retrieval could fail in a
   Target, then the Target will evaluate to NotApplicable.  This
   will happen even if a temporary network glitch was the cause
   for the attribute retrieval failure, and even if the policy
   has a "Deny" effect and would have caused me to deny access
   had the attribute been available.

---------------------------
Couple more notes..

In the same fashion your rule repository could break or hacked in.  There
are many of modes to break down, but the system stability is hardly a
concern for the authorization logic, is it?

Also - empty bag is NOT a failed retrieval.  Failed retrieval MUST result in
Indeterminate.  Empty bag means that context was verified intact, working
and lacking a particular named attribute value.  If the presense of such
attribute was required by the rule logic - it is a missing attribute,
expressed as Indeterminate value, as in Polar's one-and-only example..

Daniel.