Subject: Re: [xacml] QName questions

> 1. If an xml attribute is defined as Type="xs:QName", then do XML
>    parsers like SAX and DOM do the resolution of those names?

By looking at the sax api it does not seem that anything is done with
attribute values of qname type.
My guess is that an application is responsible for expanding qname. Problem
is that expanded name
is a pair: (URI, local_name) and there is no standard that says how this 2
elements should be combined to
form one value. Some suggest URI+local_name, others URIlocal_name, and so
on.

My preference would be not to use qnames for attribute values at all, and
use URI's instead.

Simon