Subject: Re: [xacml] subjects

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Simon Godik wrote:

> Polar,
> I'm trying to understand your proposal.
> what you do is:

> attr-desig-type(attrid, data-type, issuer, must-be-present)
>     subject-qualifier(match-id, attr-value)
>     subj-attr-desig-type(0...many subj-qualifier)
>         qualified-subj-attr-desig(from-subjects)

Yes. (I think)

> then qualified-subj-attr-desig is used in the subject-match in the target
> and in the apply element.
>
> it looks like subj-attr-desig-type is not used by itself.

Correct. It's only used for extenstion to
QualifiedSubjectAttributeDesignator and
QualfiiedSubjectAttributeDesignatorIsPresent.

> subject expression in the target is now quite complicated.

You still had to match on a subject category attribute. That is no
different on matching on any other named attribute, really. The only
thing, is now that you may have more qualifying it in an AND, of which I
don't think is that bad.  (i.e match me all subjects that have weight =
100 with subject-category = access-subject, and role = doctor.

Indexing can still prevail.

-Polar