Subject: Re: [xacml] Committee Specification vote/Updated Change Requests

I'll attend.
Simon

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anne Anderson" <Anne.Anderson@Sun.com>
To: "XACML TC" <xacml@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 9:12 AM

----

> Title:   Change Requests Set 5
> Author:  Anne Anderson
> Version: 1.2, 02/11/05 (yy/mm/dd)
> Original Source:
/net/labeast.east/files2/east/info/projects/isrg/xacml/docs/SCCS/s.ChangeReq
uests5.txt

> This file contains all Change Requests not fully resolved as of 5
> November 2002.  See
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200210/msg00214.html
> and
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200211/msg00029.html
> for previous Change Requests against v0.18c.doc that have been
> resolved.
>
> Includes e-mail up through
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200211/msg00067.html
> CHANGE REQUESTS
>
> 1.SUMMARY
> =========
>
> 1.1 ACTION ITEMS
> ================
> 0092: [Polar] [Text Change] PH09: New section 7.4.2 Attributes
>   ACTION ITEM: [Polar] Update RESOLUTION text based on resolution to
CR#0146

> 1.2 UNRESOLVED
> ==============
> Note: 92, 156, 154, and 162 are inter-twined.
>
> 0092: [Polar] [Text Change] PH09: New section 7.4.2 Attributes
>   STATUS: UNRESOLVED. Waiting for CR#0146(11/4)  See RESOLUTION.
> 0146: [Polar] CR 144: function "present" needs to be fixed.
>   STATUS: UNRESOLVED (11/4).  Need semantics in
QualifiedSubjectAttributeDesignator.
> 0154: [Seth Proctor] [Schema/Text Change]
SubjectQualifier/SubjectAttributeDesignatorWhere
>   STATUS: UNRESOLVED.  See partial RESOLUTION and OPEN ISSUE (NQ 11/4)
> 0156: [Seth Proctor] ObligationType
>   STATUS: UNRESOLVED
> 0157: [Steve Hanna] Glitch in moving from decimal to double
>   STATUS: UNRESOLVED
> 0162: [Polar] [Schema/Text Change] Subjects
>   STATUS: UNRESOLVED.
>
> 1.3 RESOLVED IN SUBCOMMITTEE, BUT NEED QUORUM VOTE
> 0134c: [Seth Proctor] Need Datatypes for each defined AttributeId
>   STATUS: NEEDS QUORUM. RESOLVED (NQ 11/4).  See RESOLUTION.
> 0153: [Polar] Issuer is xs:string in Context/xs:anyURI in policy
>   STATUS: NEEDS QUORUM.  RESOLVED (NQ 11/4).  Use xs:string" in both
places.
> 0155: [Seth Proctor] Name for match element
inSubjectQualifier/SubjectAttributeDesignatorWhere
> [...]
>   these as element of the AttributeDeignator/Selector/Type
>   complex types we ALREADY have defined:
>
>   So, I think a better approach would be to add the following
>   elements to the schema with the semantics I proposed in the
>   previous iterations.
>
>   These elements would be element instances of the
>   <AttributeDesignatorType>:
>
>   ActionAttributeIsPresent      ActionAttributeMustBePresent
>   ResourceAttributeIsPresent    ResourceAttributeMustBePresent
>   EnvironmentAttributeIsPresent EnvironmentAttributeMustBePresent
>
>   These elements would be element instances of the
>   <SubjectAttributeDesignatorType>:
>
>   SubjectAttributeIsPresent     SubjectAttributeMustBePresent
>
>   These elements would be element instances of the
>   <SubjectAttributeDesignatorWhereType>:
>
>   These elements can be element instances of the
>   <AttributeSelectorType>:
>
>   AttributeIsPresent            AttributeMustBePresent
>
>   [Simon] I think that <AttributeDesignator> and
>   <AttributeSelector> elements with mustBePresent attribute will
>   cover all cases:
>
>   [Polar, responding to Simon]
>   No, it won't. Thas is because I will not be able to write
>   predicates about their presence, and only be able to get an
>   "indeterminate" on requesting one.
>
>   And also, again, in the Target, where these things appear, that
>   attribute's semantics would complicate the idexing and
>   retriveal of policies and rules etc etc etc.
> 0153: [Polar] Issuer is xs:string in Context/xs:anyURI in policy
>   e-mail sent 29 Oct 2002 13:26:55 -0500 (EST)
>   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200210/msg00293.html
>
>   STATUS: NEEDS QUORUM.  RESOLVED (NQ 11/4).  Use xs:string" in both
places.

>   CHANGE REQUEST:
>   The Issuer is an "xs:string" in the context, and "xs:anyURI" in
>   the policy. (I am looking at 16j)
> 0154: [Seth Proctor] [Schema/Text Change]
SubjectQualifier/SubjectAttributeDesignatorWhere
>   e-mail sent 30 Oct 2002 15:22:32 -0500 (EST)
>   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200210/msg00305.html
>
>   STATUS: UNRESOLVED.  See partial RESOLUTION and OPEN ISSUE (NQ 11/4)
>   SEE ALSO: CR#0092, CR#0146, CR#0152
>
>   OPEN ISSUE:
>   1) How to deal with missing attributes when evaluating
>      a QualifiedSubjectAttributeDesignator.  If
>      MustBePresent="true" on SubjectAttributeDesignator inside
>      the new <SubjectQualifier> element, does this mean that
>      every single <Subject> MUST contain an instance of that
>      Attribute or else the QualifiedSubjectAttributeDesignator
>      returns Indeterminate?  This is the same issue being
>      addressed in CR#0092.
>   2) If multiple <Subject> blocks match the
>      QualifiedSubjectAttributeDesignator, then how does Policy
>      know which returned attributes go with which <Subject>?
>
>   RESOLUTION:
>   On 11/4, we agreed on the following changes to
>   address the original Change Request.
>
>   1) Replace all existing policy schema references to
"CategorizedSubjectAttributeDesignator"

>   2) After doing 1), add the following fragment to the policy
>      schema:
>
>   <xs:element name="SubjectAttributeDesignator"
>               type="xacml:AttributeDesignatorType"/>
>
>   3) After doing 2), replace following policy schema fragment:
>
>   <xs:element name="SubjectAttributeDesignatorWhere"
type="xacml:SubjectAttributeDesignatorWhereType"/>

=
> [...]
>   1. B.5 Subject attributes: Change initial paragraph from:
>
>      "These identifiers indicate attributes of a subject.  At most
>       one of each of these attributes is associated with each
>       subject.  Each attribute associated with authentication
>       relates to the same authentication event.

>      "These identifiers indicate attributes of a subject.  When
>       used, they SHALL appear within a <Subject> element of the
>       Request Context.  They SHALL be accessed via a
>       SubjectAttributeDesignator, a
>       QualifiedSubjectAttributeDesignator, or an AttributeSelector
>       pointing into a <Subject> element of the Request Context.
>
>       At most one of each of these attributes is associated with
>       each subject.  Each attribute associated with authentication
>       included within a single <Subject> element relates to the
>       same authentication event.
>
>   2. B.6 Resource attributes: Add introductory sentence saying:
>
>      "These identifiers indicate attributes of the resource being
>       accessed.  When used, they SHALL appear within the <Resource>
>       element of the Request Context.  They SHALL be accessed via a
>       ResourceAttributeDesignator or an AttributeSelector pointing
>       into the <Resource> element of the Request Context."
>
>   3. B.7 Action attributes: Add introductory sentence saying:
>
>      "These indentifiers indicate attributes of the resource being
>       accessed.  When used, they SHALL appear within the <Action>
>       element of the Request Context.  They SHALL be accessed via a
>       ActionAttributeDesignator or an AttributeSelector pointing
>       into the <Action> element of the Request Context."
>
>   4. B.8 Environment attributes: Add introductory sentence saying:
>
>      "These identifiers indicate attributes of the environment
>       within which the request is to be evaluated.  When used, they
>       SHALL appear within the <Resource> element of the Request
>       Context.  They SHALL be accessed via an
>       EnvironmentAttributeDesignator or an AttributeSelector
>       pointing into the <Environment> element of the Request
>       Context."
>
>   RATIONALE: the way in which these attributes are to be used is
>   not explicitly stated anywhere.  While the names imply a usage,
>   it would be more clear to implementors if the usage were more
>   explicit.
> 0160: [Anne] [Text Change] Appendix B: Describe XACML attributes better
>   e-mail sent 01 Nov 2002 12:45:10 -0500 (EST)
>   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200211/msg00001.html
>
>   STATUS: NEEDS QUORUM.  APPROVED (NQ 11/4).  See CHANGE REQUEST.
>
>   CHANGE REQUEST: (Example revised per Polar e-mail and 11/4 discussion)
>   In Section A.3 Structured types, item 1., paragraph starting
>   with "1, change second sentence from:
>
>     "This requires the structured data, including its tags and
>      attributes, to be identified and treated as an instance of
>      the data-type xsi:string."

>     "This requires the structured data <AttributeValue> to be
>      given the DataType="xsi:string".  For example, a structured
>      data type that is actually a ds:KeyInfo/KeyName would appear

DataType="DataType="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance#string";>&lt;ds
:KeyName&gt;jhibbert-key&lt;/ds:KeyName&gt;</AttributeValue>