Subject: [xacml] Proposed Agenda February 6 Concall. QUORUM REQUIRED...

Title: Proposed Agenda February 6 Concall. QUORUM REQUIRED...

Date: Thursday, February 6, 2003
Time: 10:00 AM EST
Tel: 512-225-3050 Access Code: 65998

Proposed Agenda:
10:00-10:05 Roll Call and Agenda Review
10:05-10:15 Vote to accept minutes of December 5, December 12, January 9, and January 23 concalls
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200301/msg00003.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200212/msg00091.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200301/msg00007.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200301/msg00019.html
10:15-10:25 Discussion of ISTPA and possible collaboration with XACML (Michael Willett)
10:25-10:35 Discussion AND VOTE regarding what to do with negative ballot on XACML (Carlisle) **
10:35-10:55 Discussion of errata list and Tim's OS 1.0 specification (Simon, Tim)
10:55-11:00 Discussion of next steps for XACML:  nothing?  1.1?  2.0?  (Carlisle)

Carlisle.

** One OASIS member organization cast a negative ballot on XACML 1.0.  The reason given in the ballot was "We think, OASIS standards must be royalty free."  It seems to me that we have three possible options for a TC response:

1) Dismiss the comment on the basis that the TC has already done its best with respect to this issue:

2) Dismiss the comment on the basis that it is impossible and unnecessary to satisfy the comment:

3) Agree that OASIS Standards should be royalty free and withdraw XACML from consideration as an OASIS Standard.  [This one is undesirable to me because it implies that XACML cannot be implemented in a way that is free of royalties, but no one has ever claimed that this is the case.]