OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xacml message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Subject: [xacml] XACML Minutes Feburay 13, 2003

Title: 10:00-10:05 Roll Call and Agenda Review

XACML Conference Call

Date:  Thursday, February 13, 2002

Time: 10:00 AM EDT

Tel: 512-225-3050 Access Code: 65998



Discussion focused on errata and whether to update document or place in a separate errata list. Per guidance from OASIS, non-normative and typographical changes are probably okay. Committee decided which eratta fell under these guidelines and will update the document. Decided to move conference calls to a biweekly schedule with the next TC call 3/6. In the meantime, there will still be weekly focus group calls on the weeks there is no TC call. The focus group will be discussing and progressing on concepts for the next revision of XACML.


Action Items

1.      Carlisle to send attendance list to Ken

2.      Michiharu to determine URL for eratta doc and send to Tim

3.      Tim to produce doc with typo changes and URL and send to Bill for PDF conversion. Bill to convert and send to Michiharu for posting

4.      Carlisle to check with Steve regarding numbering changes



Voted to approve non-normative and typographical changes and final version of spec for publication

Voted to move con call schedule to bi-weekly with next call 3/6 and focus groups on off weeks.

Create a separate naming scheme for errata and new work for the next spec version.


Proposed Agenda:

10:00-10:05 Roll Call and Agenda Review

10:05-10:10 Vote to accept minutes of February 6 concall


10:10-10:25 Discussion of errata included in XACML OASIS Standard 1.0 (Carlisle, Tim)

(Should the name be "XACML OS 1.0", or "XACML 1.0 OS"?  Note that OASIS Standards will soon have official numbers assigned to them just as RFCs do in IETF.)

10:25-10:45 Discussion of errata NOT included in 1.0 specification (Simon, Tim)


10:50-11:00 Discussion of next steps (and time frame) for XACML (Carlisle)

 - {1.0 + errata document}, {1.0 + draft 1.1}, {1.0 + errata document + draft 1.1}, other possibilities?

 - concall schedule for the next little while?


Roll Call

(Taken by Carlisle)

Ken Yagen, BEA

Hal Lockhart, BEA

Carlisle Adams, Entrust

Tim Moses, Entrust

Michiharu Kudoh, IBM

Steve Anderson, OpenNetwork

Simon Godik, Overxeer

Bill Parducci, Overxeer

Steve Crocker, Pervasive Security Systems

Polar Humenn, Self

Anne Anderson, Sun Microsystems


Raw Notes (taken by Ken Yagen)

Agenda Review

Conference Call Schedule - Should we go back to biweekly?

How to discuss errata

Next Steps


1.0 Spec

Discuss changes Tim has added/not added from eratta list sent out by Simon

Clarification from Karl Best - Typos any changes that are not normative are okay.

Review of Erratta

Typos are straightforward

Satoshi's comments on obligations fall outside the definition and will be left out.

Optionally of Attribute Assignment in Obligation

Proposal to put URL of errata in the document. OASIS website is changing and the URL may change.

Michiharu will check with OASIS and if a new URL is known, we'll use that, otherwise, we'll use the current URL. He will send that URL to Tim.

Hal proposal - Make typo changes, have an official errata document and provide updated errata included non-official document on a monthly basis.

Tim - How will you specify conformance to another vendor?

Spec will point to an official errata location on OASIS website

Hal's proposed change beginning of Appendix B2 that access subject is final entity in request change (it's the first entity)

Tim will produce 2 documents - first will have some typographical changes and URL of errata location

2nd document will be an errata document

Bill will convert and send to Michiharu


Name - OASIS will be issuing standard numbers and Carlisle suggests moving 1.0 after XACML instead of OASIS since 1.0 is the XACML version. All in agreement but Eve's standard document template specifies where the version number should go. Carlisle will check with Steve and let Tim know.


Vote to approve changes and final version for publication


Discussion of errata that have not been approved

Is 7.11 plus combining algorithms sufficient to explain how obligations are collected? Possibly a 1.1 thing.

Section A.6 expressions evaluate to primitive type. Polar proposed a clarification paragraph that was applied to document. Is not a schema change and does not change interpretation.

Second item on errata list regarding status element. Optional in text and schema says it is required. Also asked to make status element mandatory in 10.2.1. Consistency issue and schema takes precedence. Has been changed in document.


Con Call Schedule

Biweekly votes on errata but perhaps a weekly subcommittee to flesh out new work items. We should synchronize the meeting with the security JC. Next official TC meeting will by March 6. We will have focus groups on Feb 20th and Feb 27th.


Proposal from Anne to keep errata separate from new work. Apply errata and create a new committee spec including errata with a separate naming scheme from new work that goes into 1.1. Proposal accepted.




[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Powered by eList eXpress LLC