Subject: Re: [xacml] Followup RBAC/XACML meeting. Forwarded message from Rick Kuhn.

Rick, I think it would be fine for Tim Bouma to join us.

Anne Anderson
------- start of forwarded message -------
From: Rick Kuhn <kuhn@nist.gov>
To: Anne.Anderson@sun.com
Subject: Re: [xacml] Followup RBAC/XACML meeting
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 10:36:37 -0400

Anne,
I would like to invite Tim Bouma, a developer from the Canadian RCMP to
join this conference call if that's OK.  They are working on a
nationwide system that will incorporate RBAC and they have some
well-studied ideas for things they would like to do beyond what's in our
core standard.  Tim has expressed an interest in working with XACML on this.

Also, could you please send the short note below to your mailing list?
 I know that the member companies have already been invited to comment
on the standard by ANSI, but your group has a specific interest so they
may be able to contribute to their organizations' input to ANSI.
Thanks,
Rick

Note regarding proposed RBAC standard:

ANSI/INCITS is soliciting comments on the proposed standard for role
based access control.  NIST believes that establishing this core
standard for RBAC components is a necessary first step to provide a
basis for additional work in XACML and other areas.  In addition,
government agencies have already begun citing the proposed standard in
procurements totaling several hundred million dollars, so a core
standard is needed soon.  Please send comments to Barbara Bennett
bbennett@ntic.org, with a copy to the ANSI office at  psa@ansi.org.  If
you favor the adoption of the proposed standard, just a sentence stating
this is sufficient, although extended comments are welcome.  Closing
date for comments is June 17, 2003.  The draft standard is available at
 http://csrc.nist.gov/rbac/rbac-std-ncits.pdf

--
Rick Kuhn
Gaithersburg, MD  20899-8930