Subject: Minutes from XACML Focus Group, 31 July 2003

Attendees:
 Krishna Sankar
 Frank Siebenlist
 Anne Anderson
 Hal Lockhart
 Simon Godik

Agenda:
 There was no prior agenda.  We decided to discuss SAML
 AuthorizationDecisionQuery/Response syntax and XACML 2.0 work
 items.

1. SAML AuthorizationDecisionQuery/Response syntax

   Frank suggested we try to get interested parties together at a
   side meeting during the SAML V2.0 Working Face-to-Face Meeting
   to be held 8-10 September 2003 in Burlington, MA.

   Anne reported that both Von Welch and David Chadwick are
   interested in meeting with the XACML TC to develop a joint
   syntax proposal to be presented to the SSTC for SAML 2.0.
   They are both available on 21 August, but not on 14 August.

   Hal will put this topic on the agenda for the 21 August TC
   Meeting.  This topic will be scheduled to last from
   10:30-11:30am EDT, following the normal TC business that will
   start at 10am.

   At the 21 August meeting we can decide whether to arrange an
   informal meeting during the SAML V2.0 Face-to-Face for further
   work on this topic.

   There is also a Grid WG meeting coming up in Chicago in
   September.  Perhaps there could be a BOF on XACML there.

2. XACML 2.0 Work Items

   We made a list of potential XACML 2.0 Work Items.  This list
   is emailed separately so it is easily identifiable.