Subject: Comments on XACML 1.1 draft 3

Hi,

Here are my comments on the new draft version 3 posted at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200307/msg00082.html

Essentially, these are the restatement of my old comments posted at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200307/msg00035.html

(1)
Section 5.4 (PDF, page 48, Lines 1847--1848):
"The <XPathVersion> element SHALL specify
the version of the XPath specification to be
used by <AttributeSelector> elements."

should be

"The <XPathVersion> element SHALL specify
the version of the XPath specification to be
used by <AttributeSelector> elements and XPath-based functions."

My point is that this sentence should mention not only <AttributeSelector>
but also XPath-based functions.

This comment is based on Section 3.9 of the errata document.

(2)
Two different terms (with/without "-") are used to refer to a URI equality comparison.

Without "-":
"URI equality" in Sections 5.27 and 7.9.1.

With "-":
"URI-equality" in Section 5.28 (PDF, page 59, line 2286).

We should have a common term.

Satoshi Hada
IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory
mailto:satoshih@jp.ibm.com