Subject: Re: [xacml] another small time/date issue

Hi Seth,

I'm was under the current understanding that there was no such thing as
the "current" time and date, at least in the temporal sense with respect
to the time of evaluation. The time is or at least should be, an attribute
of the request.

I have argued before, that the current time is NOT the time of evaluation,
but it is really a question, "at this <specified> time?"  For instance,
one would want to know if George had access to resource X at 13:00 Aug 12,
2000, as well one might want to know if Alice will have access to resource
Y at 22:13 June 25, 2004. If the time is "now", the request builder should
insert the appropriate time.

Your right, if the spec doesn't explicitly call this out, it should.

Cheers,
-Polar