Subject: Re: [xacml] another small time/date issue

why not? it is conceivable that it would information that the requestor
  does not--or should not--have that could be used for accessing
secondary information necessary to derive a decision. as you pointed out
earlier this falls into the realm of operational control, and as such is
beyond the XACML scope. still, it doesn't mean that XACML doesn't play a
role in each decision.