Subject: Re: [xacml] Proposed Agenda - October 30

Please blame Polar, but I won't have anything to show for tomorrow's telcon.
I've been spending time trying to understand his document, which also forced me
to do a quick crash course in Haskell...

What I understand so far is that Polar's document is a true tour de force. He
also convinced me that by mapping the xacml language in a pure functional
declarative language, it gives us a very good foundation to reason and discuss
the xacml language semantics and feature, and to discover the possible
inconsistencies and ambiguities.

My hope is that it will also give use a good language to tackle the issue of how
best to add these delegation features to the language in a clean and concise
way. Intuitively, I feel that only minimum changes will be needed, but I need
some more time to figure out how to speak xacml in Haskell good enough to go to
the next step.

Regards, Frank.

PS. For those of you diving into Haskell for the first time, I can recommend Hal
Daume's "Yet Another Haskell Tutorial" (http://www.isi.edu/~hdaume/htut), which
is somewhat more "gentle" for a novice than "A Gentle Introduction to Haskell".

--
Frank Siebenlist               franks@mcs.anl.gov
The Globus Alliance - Argonne National Laboratory