Subject: Small adjustment on Item 7: ConditionReference

I agree to the restriction on the applicability of the condition reference
as we discussed during the f2f meeting. So the proposal should include
the following sentence:
"condition references does not extend beyond the policy boundary."

I believe that this is the adjustment on which we have agreed.

Best,
Michiharu

                      bill parducci
                      <bill@parducci.ne        To:       Michiharu Kudoh/Japan/IBM@IBMJP
                      t>                       cc:
                                               Subject:  konnichi wa!
                      2003/10/31 01:21

on the concall today there was a little confusion as to the decisions
and discussions that took place regarding this work item:

7. ConditionReference

    TYPE: Simplicity of policy construction
    Allow a Rule to contain a ConditionReference element as an
    alternative to a Condition element.  The ConditionReference
    would identify a Condition element specified elsewhere.  An
    optional ConditionId attribute would be added to the Condition
    element to support this.

    TYPE: Simplicity of policy construction.
    STATUS: Accepted for 2.0 20 Oct 2003.
    PROPOSAL:
     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200304/msg00039.html
    CHAMPION: Michiharu Kudo

on the call we agreed that there was general agreement for the proposal,
but that it was felt that a point that was brought up in the f2f should
be inserted into the proposal directly for clarity: condition references
may not extend beyond the policy boundary.

so, if this is consistent with what you intended for this proposal would
you mind making a slight adjustment and posting it to the list so that
we can formally vote on it?

thanks