Subject: Re: [xacml] WI#58: standard hierarchy schema

Hi Anne -

Editorial note:
Under the NodeType schema definition, the </xs:sequence> tag was missing.

Some questions that come to mind:

If this is the general xacml representation of a hierarchy, what are the
benefits of keeping it in a separate namespace rather than including it
directly in the xacml namespace?

Is there any information that should be permitted within the NodeType
definition?  For example,  with this representation of hierarchical
resources, there is no concept of order within the Nodes that appear as
children to another Node.

Does anything need to be said regarding wildcarding or perhaps regex use
within NodeName, if an implementation chooses to do so?

Finally, can someone remind me why the RootName needs to be differentiated
as a URI from the name of the Node?  I can't seem to find that discussion in
my archive.

If we keep this hierarchy general, i.e. not referring specifically to file
systems or such, I think that including it as an appendix is appropriate.
The application of such a schema to a particular problem, such as a web
archive, file system, etc could then be presented separately in a profile
with examples.

Regards,

Rebekah