Subject: Re: [xacml] Removing A7 - A11

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Seth Proctor wrote:

> > Colleagues - I would like to eliminate Section A7 - A11.  Their crime?
> > Egregious redundancy.  If you would like to submit a plea for clemency,
> > please do so.  All the best.  Tim.
>
> Sounds fine to me. You may be able to include A.6 as well, since most
> (though maybe not all of it) is also pretty redundant. You know, as long
> as you're killing stuff :)

I don't think it is that simple or egregious. There are normative
requirements on the semantics in those sections that are not specified
elsewhere. You'd have to move those requirements to the syntax section,
which might muddle the waters a bit. The syntax section basically just
explains the structure and what's allowed where. Appendix A explains the
semantics in relation to the semantics of other the elements. I think the
appendix would read kind of like something was missing, if those sections
where simply tossed.

Cheers,
-Polar