Subject: RE: [xacml] condition reference text (item 7)

OK.  Let's leave it the way it is.  All the best.  Tim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Polar Humenn [mailto:polar@syr.edu]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 10:28 AM
To: Simon Godik
Cc: Tim Moses; xacml@lists.oasis-open.org

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Simon Godik wrote:

> Hi Tim,
> My thinking was that we can place variable definition close to the
> rule. I'm also ok to group all definitions together. (as you propose)

This feature is really just estetic.  Back in old compiler technology, it
used to be easier on the compiler to group definitions before their use.
However, with languages today, this doesn't seem to matter much.

I don't really see a real reason to group all the variable definitions away
from the rules, yet, I don't have any real objection to it.

One such benefit of interspersal, is that you can define a variable near the
rule(s) it is used, which I think was the original intent.

Cheers,
-Polar