Subject: Re: [xacml] WI#9 Proposal: policies referring to hierarchicalresources. Forwarded message from bill.

Bill made a good suggestion - use RFC2396 (Uniform Resource
Identifiers (URI): Generic Syntax, August 1998) to specify the
syntax for the hierarchical resource names.  This is basically
the same as what I was using, except that it spells out more
completely how to handle escaped characters.  It also allows
implementations to build on code that probably already exists; we
like to reference existing standards!  I will update my proposal
to use this.

Anne
--- Begin Message ---
Anne Anderson wrote:
 > The RootName and NodeName attribute values MUST not contain a "/"
 > character unless it is escaped using "\/".  If a RootName or
 > NodeName attribute contains a "\" character, then that character
 > MUST be escaped using "\\".

this may sound goofy, but aren't you basically applying XML to URI hierarchy
syntax (rfc2396), at least WRT to node naming and separation syntax? if so,
perhaps it would be useful to reference that work since it gives you escape
characters for other aberrant behavior--which may make sense at some later
date--and has been proven to work well within XML in general?

other than that, i like the schema. :o)

--- End Message ---