Subject: Re: [xacml] WI#9 Proposal: policies referring to hierarchical resources

>The Request Context is notional.  It does NOT mean the PEP has to
>translate the entire filesystem into an XML Hierarchy instance
>and actually put it into the Request Context.

I am not talking about XML, but about making the resource structure part
of the policy, instead of being part of dynamic context.

>I am specifically addressing the problem of how to handle
>tree-structured hierarchical resources.  How do you define a
>"hierarchical resource"?

Ordered graph? But that is not the important part.

>Many resources are organized in tree-structured hierarchies.

The issue is whether you need to know the structure while writing policy
and who owns that structure.

I think that if we can define specification that addresses your use case
while being more flexible, that would be a good thing, wouldn't it? :)

Daniel;