Subject: Long Live Emotional Computing

Bill made the comment about having the PEP continue to poke around until
it found a decision it was "emotionally comfortable with". It was a chide,
but then I found the following in my email from the ACM: (irrelevant stuff
has been deleted).  Just thought it was amusing in the superficial
context. :)

Top Stories for Wednesday, April 14, 2003:
http://www.acm.org/technews/current/homepage.html

"Machine Rage Is Dead...Long Live Emotional Computing"

"Machine Rage Is Dead...Long Live Emotional Computing"
Emotionless decision-making is not really so effective, according to
British researchers who are building computers sensitive to human feelings.
 "The cold, unemotional Mr. Spock on Star Trek simply could not have
evolved," explains Salford University artificial intelligence expert Ruth ...
http://www.acm.org/technews/articles/2004-6/0414w.html#item2

Cheers,
-Polar