Subject: RE: [xacml] Minutes of 20 May 2004 XACML Focus Group

Daniel,

I can see your point.  It seems like a trade-off.  If we say
that, unless profiled otherwise, hierarchical resources SHALL use
a standard URI representation, then "default" resources can use
the URI-match functions that can take advantage of the actual
levels in the hierarchy.  But legacy resources won't always fit
into the URI representation easily and so will have to be
profiled.

If we do not specify a standard format, then XACML users can only
take advantage of the URI representation if their resource is
profiled.  And people are more likely to come up with
idiosyncratic ways of representing resources that could have been
represented in a common format.

I hope all file and web page resources would be specified using
the URI representation, so we would have to write profiles for
those two.

I would like to hear from the rest of the TC on this.

Anne

On 21 May, Daniel Engovatov writes: RE: [xacml] Minutes of 20 May 2004 XACML Focus Group