Subject: Re: [xacml] XML doc hierarchical resource questions

Hi, Anne,

Before answering your question, I list below several cases for XML document
I have in my mind.

Case 1: Request includes only XPath expression as target resource-id
XPath expression represents a target single node in the XML document
embedded in ResourceContent.
This is the simplest case.

Case 2: Request includes both URI and XPath expression as target
resource-id
URI represents a target XML document and XPath expression represents the
target single node of the said XML document.
Target XML document is embedded in ResourceContent.
Since it refers to a single target location (a specific node in a specific
XML doc), it is in line with our assumption.
One of the way to specify this is to have two resource-id with different
data types. For example,
<Request>
attribute: resource-id="http://medico/record/Bert";, datatype: "URI"
attribute: resource-id="/md:record/md:patient", datatype:"XPath"
</Request>

Case 3: Request includes only URI as target resource-id
URI represents a target XML document. This case is not element-level access
request but document-level access request.

I will summarize my requirements and post it to the list later.

Best,
Michiharu

             Anne Anderson
             <Anne.Anderson@Su
             n.COM>                                                     To
                                       XACML TC