Subject: Re: [xacml] Managing with XACML

it seems to me that the state issue only applies to asynchronous
decision parameters (something that has caused much discussion with
obligations! ;o). i am not suggesting that this be discounted but that i
believe there is value in synchronous decision conditions.

for example a request to read a resource of www.foo.com with a decision
of permit and the condition that access 10.1.1.1 be allowed (vs. an
obligation of 'email admin') has a number of applications.

FWIW: i think that philosophically we actually have started to address
this issue with our handling of hierarchical resources: 'can i access
foo.xml? yes, node1, node3, node5...)'