Subject: RE: [xacml] default environment attributes and explicit attributes

Is not *-one-and-only just guarantee you that there is exactly one value
in a bag?  What would you do with two values for current-time?

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Salz [mailto:rsalz@datapower.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 1:38 PM
To: xacml@lists.oasis-open.org

Is the intent that default environment attributes should only be created

on an "as needed" basis?  For example, looking at the test suite,
default time, etc., are needed for IIA017 019 and 021.  If we always add

the time, then tests 016 018 and 020 fail, because the request message
includes a time, and the policies do time-one-and-only.

Are we missing something in the spec, or are the tests wrong?

Thanks.

	/r$

--
Rich Salz, Chief Security Architect