Subject: [Fwd: XACML: Case study material?]

here is an opportunity to showcase XACML in academia for those who may
be interested in showing off their implementations. for those interested
please send your responses to the address below.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: XACML: Case study material?
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:23:56 +0200
From: Kees Leune <C.J.Leune@uvt.nl>
To: bill@parducci.net

Dear Mr. Parducci,

My name is Kees Leune, and I am a Ph.D. candidate at Tilburg University,
the Netherlands. My research topic is "Security in a Web-Services
World", and I am currently developing a model for secure event-driven
interactions for service-oriented computing. Preliminary ideas have been
published to several fora, such as outlined on my publication overview [1].

The work in the XACML Technical Committee is highly relevant to my own
work, and is also closely related to it. Like XACML, I consider the
major security problem for web services not to be located on the level
of transport or on a message level, but on a message context level.
Authorizations and Access Control typically take place on this level.

My research has now progressed to a phase in which I need to start the
validation process. For this, I am looking for case study material. The
material will be used to find out if the concepts that I identified can
be found in the "real world", and if my approach would add any benefits.
For this, I am looking for descriptions of interacting business
processes or web services.

I write to you because I hope that the XACML community has at its
disposal such material, and that it is willing to share this material
with me. I would very much appreciate a response!

Thank you for your time,

-Kees Leune

[1] http://www.leune.org/publications
--
Drs. Kees Leune                                 Tilburg University
Researcher                                     Infolab, Room B 738