Subject: SAML profile errata

Colleagues,

I have collected the outstanding errata reports against the SAML profile
schemas and specification, and have created working drafts of revised
documents.

Changes:

1. The schemas for this revision contain the corrections to syntax and
schema location errors made in the previous revision dated 17 February
2005. In addition, the element definitions have been removed from the
schemas, as only the types are actually used in extending the SAML schemas.

2. The specification for this revision refers to type definitions in the
schemas, rather than to the element definitions which have been removed.
The specification also includes a non-normative example of extending the
SAML schema using xsi:type as recommended by SAML.

Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/document.php?document_id=15447

Download Document:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15447/xacml-2.0-saml-errata-wd.zip

I suggest we work toward making these documents Committee Drafts so that
users will have a level of confidence in using them even though we
probably will not take them through to OASIS Standard status until XACML
3.0.

If you have a chance to test these schemas, please do so and report on
your results.